Now a part of the Keweenaw County Historic Society Museum Complex, Central was settled around the Central Mining Company in 1854. It’s population went from 1,300 in 1887 to 100 in 1905. Many of the residence exteriors have been restored and a visitors center provides interpretive exhibits about Central. There are two walking paths, a memorial garden, and three building open to visitors. Self-guided walking tour maps are available at the Visitor Center. The site is open year round. Please respect the privacy of dwelling occupants. The Visitor Center is open early June to mid-October from 10 am to 5 pm. Learn more about Central and Ghost Towns.